Everyone has almost experienced a sore throat, which is also a common disease throughout the year, such as common colds, sore throat, cough, fever and so on. But some friends hiccup also can have a sore throat, this situation may be hiccup when destroying the oral mucosa, irritation to the throat, resulting in sore throat, do not worry too much, pay attention to the protection of time is good.
Any substance that stimulates the throat and oral mucosa may cause sore throat. They include viruses, bacterial infections, allergic reactions, dust, cigarettes, exhaust gases, hot drinks, or food. Tooth or gum infections sometimes affect the throat. Chronic cough, extremely dry conditions, gastroesophageal reflux, and loud voice can also irritate the throat. Hoarseness is a common accompanying symptom. The common symptoms of sore throat are systemic viral infections, mumps, pharyngitis or tonsillitis, colds, and pharyngitis.
There are also different symptoms of sore throat caused by different causes, such as:
1. nasopharyngeal inflammation
Nasopharyngeal in acute inflammation, patients will have a sense of dry pain, while inflammation of the vasodilation, will lead to patients will snot back to spit out slightly bloody.
2. inflammation of oropharynx
Acute tonsillitis and pharyngitis are the most common symptoms of oropharyngeal inflammation, which are often associated with colds. Acute tonsillitis, patients feel sore throat, and accompanied by moderate or high fever, severe tonsil swelling and pyogenic.
3. larynx pharynx inflammation
Larynx pharynx inflammation is acute epiglottis and acute laryngitis. Acute epiglottitis is one of the most common acute and critical diseases in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery. Most patients feel sore throat, even dare not swallow food. They have a sound of water when they speak. At the same time, the pharynx also has the feeling of being blocked, which can lead to difficulty breathing and endanger life. When patients are in such a situation, they must go to the Department of ENT as soon as possible. Patients with acute laryngitis attack also have sore throat, pharyngeal foreign body feeling, but with acute epiglottitis has a clear distinction, patients speak hoarse voice, not water voice.
4. non inflammatory diseases
The causes of sore throat are numerous and complex, not all caused by inflammation. Such as glossopharyngeal neuralgia, external stimuli, oral ulcers and so on can cause sore throat.
(1) The pain caused by glossopharyngeal neuralgia is mostly one side of the pain, and the pain is more severe, there is no definite reason, after the use of anti-inflammatory drugs symptoms did not improve significantly, at this time, doctors recommend the use of analgesics for trigeminal neuralgia to eliminate pain.
(2) The pain on one side of the pharynx caused by excessive styloid process is more obvious when swallowing. Unlike glossopharyngeal neuralgia, the pain radiates up and down the same side of the pharynx. Patients need to be diagnosed early in the hospital.
(3) Oral ulcer due to vitamin deficiency and other causes of oral ulcer are mostly self-healing diseases, in 7-10 days will heal, in the course of the disease, will cause persistent pain in the pharynx. However, some malignant and prolonged oral ulcers require active treatment.
5. external stimuli
Some external stimuli can also cause sore throat, such as eating too much melon seeds to stimulate the throat, causing lymphatic tissue non-inflammatory pain, drinking more water or taking some Chinese medicine to remove fire will improve.
(1) Tumors such as tonsil tumors, laryngeal cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, etc., in the early stage there is no obvious pain, patients feel pain when seeking medical treatment often has developed to the late stage. Therefore, people should pay more attention to these pain-free pharyngo-laryngeal diseases. Once the pharynx is felt unexplained foreign body sensation, nose with blood, facial numbness, after the ears appear poor mobility lumps and other symptoms, to seek medical examination as soon as possible.
(2) Myocardial infarction throat pain, if you can not find a clear cause, and accompanied by chest tightness, sweating or nausea symptoms, to be vigilant against the occurrence of myocardial infarction. This is because the nerves of the throat and heart are dominated by the same segment of the spinal nerve. When myocardial ischemia and hypoxia occur, acidic substances such as lactic acid, pyruvic acid, phosphoric acid and polypeptide substances produced will stimulate nerve pain, and diffuse to the vagus nerve of the pharynx, causing pharyngeal and laryngeal pain symptoms. Therefore, the elderly with hypertension, coronary heart disease, sore throat to be careful, the best bed rest, to avoid excessive mental tension, sublingual nitroglycerin, and immediately seek medical attention.
According to different causes, corresponding treatment is given.